A Blood Cleanser, Detoxifier, Digestive Enhancer and Liver Tonic
Gentle and Stimulating Traditional Herbal Extract Swedish Bitters Promotes regularity for healthy digestive function. Bitters are herbal extracts that are rich in minerals.
The primary function of Swedish bitters is to help with digestive complaints like bloating, gas, cramps, nausea, flatulence, sluggish digestion and constipation. Bitters are an important class of botanicals that help support efficient digestive, assimilative, and eliminative functions.
Bitters may also help to restore energy in those individuals who are fatigued. Taking Swedish bitters may help to naturally restore energy, helping an individual to feel rejuvenated and more youthful.
Swedish bitters can also be a help with inflammation problems. This includes any issues commonly associated with inflammation such as sprains, swollen joints, or even arthritis.
You may use Swedish bitters to clean wounds as an antiseptic, clear away all blemishes or scars from your body, sooth any burns, fight toothache, improve digestion, fight off insomnia and skin allergies, as well as use as a lubricant and treat many more ailments.
Other Possible Benefits of the Swedish Bitters elixir
- Promotes biliary, pancreatic and gastric secretion
- Disinfects intestinal tract
- Soothes digestive tract
- Encourages toxin elimination
- Tonifies and regenerates
- Gentle laxative
- Restores natural acid balance in the stomach
- Purifies, disinfects and stimulates circulation
- When used externally, it alleviates inflammations of all kinds if applied to spots, wounds, bruises, scars and contusions
- Stimulates liver function
The 11 herbal ingredients in Swedish Bitters and what each is known to be good for or to treat
1. Aloe – This is used as a laxative and vermifuge (expels worms and parasites). It also relieves burns, sunburn, wounds and insect bites. In menstrual disorders, it provides relief.
2. Myrrh – This herb has a direct anti-microbial effect that enhances the immune system, which makes it great to treat common colds and the flu. It is a powerful astringent that can be used for gingivitis and mouth ulcers. Also, it is very effective in treating problems of the sinus, pharynx, larynx and respiratory system. Myrrh helps support and accelerates healing of the digestive system, is a vermifuge, decreases flatulence, increases energy, and aids in menstrual disorders. When applied topically to wounds or boils, it accelerates healing and decreases pain.
3. Saffron – A natural sedative, saffron also relieves flatulence, stimulates the appetite, helps regulate menstrual flow, and treats uterine hemorrhage.
4. Senna Leaf – A natural laxative for constipation.
5. Camphor – Calms the nerves in hysteria, nervousness and neuralgia, stimulates the respiratory system, increases heart strength, and relieves rheumatism. A powerful anti-inflammatory, it also has great value in colds and chills and alleviates irritation of the sexual organs.
6. Rhubarb Root – Its astringent and antiseptic effect cleanses the digestive tract, removes debris, and helps relieve constipation.
7. Zedoary – Great digestive aide. It is used for flatulence, colic, and increases the strength of all digestive organs.
8. Manna – A gentle laxative, it also invigorates and energizes.
9. Theriac Venezian – Powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, it helps with breathing problems and excess mucous, indigestion, diarrhea, edema, urinary gravel, and can be used topically to treat wounds.
10. Carline Thistle Root – It is very energizing and can be used to treat bronchitis, prostate problems and rheumatism. Also, it is a diuretic, antibiotic, and can be used to treat stomach problems.
11. Angelica Root – An energizing herb, it is used as an expectorant for coughs, colds, pleurisy and bronchitis. As a diaphoretic, it treats influenza and fevers. Angelica root also eases intestinal colic, flatulence, indigestion, rheumatic inflammations, and cystitis